The Medical Alley Venture Report is a quarterly analysis of investment, M&A and other factors driving growth in Medical Alley®, the epicenter of health innovation and care®.
The Q2 2023 report includes information on:
- Medical Alley Starts & Global highlights
- Private and public markets activity
- SBIR/STTR funding
- Job growth in Medical Alley
- Medical Alley companies continue to perform well compared to other industries, recording a 56% increase in private investments over last year, and attracting more than $1.1 billion overall in the first half of the year, 42% more than during H1 of last year. For comparison, other global and local investments are down (18% and 63% respectively).
- Late-stage and growth rounds continue to be the main dollar drivers, but deal volume increased 35% over the previous quarter, showing signs of improvement for early stage.
- Saluda Medical’s $150 million raise was the second largest private raise of the year only behind Gravie’s $179 million growth round from Q1.
- Our analysis showed three secondary offerings, indicating that while public market activity may have decelerated, an accessible pool of capital remains.
- SBIR/STTR funding dipped compared to last quarter, but the overall trend is positive.