We are a healthcare technology company that helps providers make better treatment decisions when
prescribing drugs within their current workflow through genetic testing and clinical decision support.
OneOme’s pharmacogenomics (PGx) solution combines a patient’s genetic profile and medical history with a
curated clinical database backed by Mayo Clinic’s proprietary knowledge to produce an interactive report that
easily integrates into current practices.
Our mission is to deliver the most cost-effective, comprehensive, clinically actionable pharmacogenomic (PGx)
testing and tools for all providers and patients worldwide.
The Clinical Laboratory Scientist will work closely with laboratory staff and other departments at OneOme. The
individuals in this role will be responsible for several phases of the testing workflow including DNA extraction,
real-time PCR, and data analysis. The Clinical Laboratory Scientist performs high complexity, clinical molecular
testing according to stringent procedures and regulatory standards. In addition, this position will be involved
in assay development and validation, QA/QC, among other duties assigned by the director of laboratory
This position requires excellent attention to detail, effective communication skills, and the ability to work both
independently and within a team environment.
• Performs sample accessioning, DNA extraction, PCR testing, and data review according to standard
• Performs quality control and quality assurance activities, including the maintenance of associated
records, monthly and annual reviews, and internal audits
• Supports all aspects of laboratory development activities including new method and assay
development, workflow/process optimization, analytical validations, and software verification testing
• Develops written technical and/or scientific content for procedures, policies, white papers, or peerreviewed
• Occasionally assists with non-laboratory functions including clerical duties, inventory control, client
service activities, and other duties or responsibilities as assigned
• Bachelor’s Degree in Medical Technology, Clinical Laboratory Sciences, or other Biologic Science (e.g.
Biology) is required
• ASCP certification, or eligibility for certification in a related specialty (e.g. MB) is required
• Minimum of 3 years of laboratory experience, with at least 1 year in molecular testing laboratory
environment; prior experience in a CLIA laboratory environment preferred
• Working knowledge of molecular biology analytical techniques including DNA isolation, real-time PCR,
and SNP genotyping, preferably in the areas of pharmacogenomics
• Experience with laboratory automation/liquid handling, in-house assay development, and validation
activities including primer and probe design, assay optimization and troubleshooting
• Ability to work in a small start-up environment at a fast pace, interacting across multiple disciplines
OneOme Headquarters, 807 Broadway St NE, Suite 100, Minneapolis, MN 55413
SCHEDULE AND HOURS
This position will require the ability to work Monday - Friday 8AM to 5PM and some weekends. Occasionally
assigned work hours may also include evenings.