Ximedica is an ISO 13485:2012 certified and FDA registered full-service product development firm with offices in Providence, St. Paul, San Francisco, and Hong Kong. We have an exclusive focus on medical products and over 25 years of experience developing medical devices, combination products and consumer healthcare products.
We have a high-energy collaborative culture that fosters the creative spirit while exceeding client expectations. We offer tremendous opportunity for professional development and leadership, rewarding projects, competitive salaries, an excellent benefits package, and summer hours.
Position: The Senior Electrical Engineer helps to execute and guide electrical design and specification activities through all phases of the product development process – from initial design to final manufacturing transfer.
Nature of Role: Reporting to the site head of software and electrical engineering per the Ximedica organizational chart, he/she stays abreast of current methods and trends in electrical engineering, consumer electronics, and consumer communications. S/he will also provide robust, cost-effective electrical engineering solutions for medical products and equipment designed by Ximedica’s product development staff and shipped to clients in the U.S. and abroad. Professional development and mentoring of junior staff is a secondary aspect of the role.
• Broad range of electrical engineering including experience in digital and analog circuit design, simulation, schematic capture, PCB layout, prototyping and debug. Familiarity with OrCAD and PADs is preferred.
• Experience in Design for Manufacturability techniques, including domestic and non-domestic sourcing
• Basic technical project management including communicating with internal personnel including program managers, design, mechanical, software, and electrical engineering, quality, regulatory, and research. External communication includes OEM factories, suppliers, and clients at a technical level
• Work with Quality Engineering to author, organize, occasionally execute, and direct testing procedures to ensure compliance with design specifications and lifecycle requirements
• Mentor engineers in electronics and medical product design practices
• Make technical presentations to the R&D staff
• Introduce new electronics design tools, including software applications and test equipment
• Write/update/edit SOPs to standardize the product design process
• Write new production test procedures to ensure FDA compliance
Requirements: An effective leader holding a BSEE or related degree coupled with 10 years of electrical engineering experience, with some exposure to the medical device/equipment industry. Possess a solid background in the design, manufacturing and sourcing of electrical components. The ability to prototype, simulate, debug, and test circuits is required. Knowledge of IEC/UL-60601 and related standards is beneficial.
Our fast-paced environment demands the ability to manage multiple projects within various disciplines and deadlines. High-energy, self-starters with the following qualities:
• Successful communication skills, business acumen and assertive decision-making ability
• Flexibility to multi-task and perform a wide range of activities
• Excellent computer skills, including MS Office proficiency
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER Ximedica provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants and employees regardless of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, sexual orientation, veteran status, disability that can be reasonably accommodated, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state, or local law.