TE Connectivity's Manufacturing and Process Development Engineering Teams significantly impact LEANPD driven new product development projects, driving for excellence in existing manufacturing technologies and methods and striving to implement new manufacturing technologies to provide improved process and tolerance control. They act as the binding element between product development and manufacturing engineering, ensuring the effectiveness and efficiency of this critical interface. They support Product Development in the optimization of designs and piece parts for manufacturability by realizing sample tooling/products/prototypes. They also design, develop, and qualify tooling and processes to meet TE quality and production standards, document all processes and tooling in applicable TE systems, support supply chain to verify supplier compliance and capability, initiate and implement programs to continuously improve quality, cost and cycle time and adhere to all appropriate specifications, regulatory requirements and customer requirements.
Responsibilities & Qualifications
- Work with R&D engineers to develop basic processes needed for catheter fabrication.
- Refine processes by carrying out DOEs to ready processes for validations & mfg transfer.
- Oversee and run projects through pilot builds that have reached the stage of incremental improvements.
- Act as a liaison between R&D and Mfg. Engineering to carry out process training of Mfg. Engineers and assist in training operators.
- Manage / modify project documentation, assist in creating new documentation.
- Work with QE Engineers & R&D Engineers to execute and report results of validation studies.
- Associates Degree in related field preferred.
- High School diploma or equivalent is required.
- A minimum of seven (7) years work experience in a related regulated medical device environment.