Job Title:Sr. Manager, Upstream Marketing
Job Description:Ferring Pharmaceuticals is a globally recognized, research-driven, biopharmaceutical company with more than 65 years of history. Headquartered in Switzerland, Ferring is privately owned with approximately 6,500 employees in nearly 60 countries. In the United States, Ferring identifies, develops and markets innovative products in the fields of reproductive health (infertility), urology, gastroenterology, endocrinology, womenÃ¢??s health (obstetrics/gynecology) , orthopedics and Oncology. FerringÃ¢??s US operations employ approximately 900 people.
People Come First At Ferring. The Ferring Philosophy places people at the heart of what we do. This guides our relations with patients, physicians, employees, and other stakeholders. We invite you to share our passion for people and the power of science.
Rebiotix, a late-stage biotechnology company part of the Ferring Pharmaceutical Group, is focused on commercializing the worldÃ¢??s first Microbiota Restoration Therapy. By harnessing the power of the human microbiome, Rebiotix aspires to change the way challenging gastrointestinal diseases are treated. Our goal is to improve the lives of patients and reduce the cost of care associated with some of the most debilitating disorders suffered by patients worldwide. We are a passionate team of scientists, engineers and clinical researchers motivated by the opportunity to blaze new trails and create new technologies for todayÃ¢??s medical field, looking for like-minded individuals to add to our growing team.
The Sr. Manager, Upstream Marketing is responsible for developing the upstream products and strategic plans for RebiotixÃ¢??s MRTÃ¢?Â¢ platform products, including new product strategy/positioning, messaging, feature and benefits and claims/indications). A key role is to develop the upstream product strategy that will contribute growth to the business, drive category leadership, and optimize the value of the MRTÃ¢?Â¢ platform products. This position works in close collaboration with cross functional groups to impact product innovation with research and development, clinical and manufacturing. Additionally, the position will require frequent interactions with key HCP customers (KOLs, etc.) and consumers to gain insight into market trends, opportunities and unmet needs.
- Develops in-depth knowledge of the market, competitive landscape and HCPs and patient insights through research, conference attendance, and close contact with key opinion leaders to develop core strategies.
- Develops close working relationship with R&D, Regulatory, Legal, Medical, Operations and KOLs (key opinion leaders) to ensure cross functional alignment and viable go-to-market strategies.
- Commercial KOL Management: Develops and maintains KOLs, podium presenters, and presence at product ad boards and professional meetings.
- Valuation: Develops preliminary unit and revenue forecasts to quantify launch potential and ensure appropriate prioritization of resources in order to maximize revenue potential.
- Product Development: Leads the commercial development of innovative products by partnering with R&D, Clinical and Regulatory on all aspects of the product TPP profile, preliminary positioning and messaging. Partners with cross-functional team project managers (I.E. Clinical, R&D, etc.) to ensure adherence to timelines.
- Preliminary product brand positioning: Develop product positioning and branding; conducts market research to inform optimal positioning and support recommendations.
- Maintain a strong pulse on the microbiome market through participation in industry conventions, review of clinical journals and HCP interactions.
- Develops preliminary strategic plan for downstream marketing activation which includes positioning, messaging and key claims / benefits, and initial go-to-market strategy.
- BachelorÃ¢??s Degree in Marketing or related area is preferred.
- Minimum 5+ years related to Upstream Marketing experience within the pharmaceutical, biotech or medical device industry.
- Early stage upstream marketing or new product development preferred - IND submission to Phase III experience.
- Demonstrated track record in Market Research in up front early stage or in existing markets for commercialization.
Strong analytical skills Ã¢?? ability to interpret market research data, clinical research data and develop unit and revenue forecast.
- Conduct analysis of competitor activities and customer needs. Customer needs include but not limited to HCPs, Managed Care Organizations, Hospitals, Specialty Distributors, Patient Advocacy Groups and Patients.
- Identify best practices to address key business challenges and opportunities as they relate to the microbiome space.
- Demonstrated ability to develop expertise in the microbiome space.
- Demonstrated ability to successful collaborate with teams and execute projects.
- Ability to engage and influence cross-functional colleagues, even without direct reporting relationships.
- Drive customer input throughout the product development cycle to ensure market specifications are incorporated at every phase of the project (e.g.,
market research, unit and revenue forecasts, hands-on evaluations, engagement with KOLs, HCPs and potential patients).
- Excellent project management skills and the ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously and meet tight deadlines required.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills; ability to communicate effectively with all levels of management.
- Partner with VP, Upstream Marketing and Finance to manage budget and meet expectations.
- Ability to travel (1-2 trips per month est.).
- Computer Skills: proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
We are proud to be an Affirmative Action/EEO Employer. EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
If you need assistance during the application process due to a disability, please email firstname.lastname@example.org