About the position:
Zepto Life Technology is a growing start-up diagnostics company that uses magnetic technology for molecule detection. You will be part of a multidisciplinary team where we are pushing the boundaries of detection in many fields from healthcare and food safety to water quality testing. This role's daily tasks span the entire product development pipeline from research to product launch.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Work with innovation group to develop sensing and assay platforms.
- Participate hands-on in the lab to facilitate and assist with biomarker assay development and/or validation.
- Maintain timely documentation of work.
- Evaluate data, prepare technical reports, and make scientific presentations.
- Participate in ordering, supply inventory, and general lab and equipment maintenance as necessary.
- May be required to perform surface modification based on specific protocol.
- Conjugate magnetic beads with biomolecules.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Ph.D. or above in biochemistry, bio-analytical, chemical engineering/Chemistry or related field.
- Proven ability to perform complex laboratory protocols successfully, work with team and complete data collection, analysis and presentation.
- High throughput biology, assay development, and analytical quantification.
- 1-5 years in surface modification, microarray-based protein detection, antibody-antigen binding and assay optimization.
- Ability to thrive in a multi-disciplinary team setting collaborating with senior and junior scientists and engineers/chemists.
- Strong understanding of practical proteins interaction, and surfacescience.
- With experience in magnetic beads (Micro/Nano-size) conjugation with biomolecules or beads based assays.
- Expertise in area with applications to biomarker programs, e.g. ELISA, flow cytometry, gene expression microarrays, qPCR, comparative genomic hybridization, mass spectrometry, and/or protein arrays.