The Manager of Patient and Provider Services will be responsible for the management and oversight of our patient and provider customer service departments. This is a highly visible role heavily involved in both strategic planning as well as tactical operations.
The main goal for this manager will be to lead a team of customer service professionals who will provide excellence in customer service and ensure our interactions and performance with our patients and providers is of the highest quality standards.
- Follow Electromed mission and core values, while striving to achieve company goals.
- Understands and adheres to local State and Federal healthcare regulatory and compliance rules.
- Oversees performance and conclusion of end-to-end provider concerns and issues.
- Sets team direction and provide oversight and guidance to their team members.
- In conjunction with the Vice President, adapts departmental plans and priorities that will address and overcome operational challenges.
- Identifies gaps in provider educational needs and work with Clinic Area Managers (CAM) and Regional Sales Managers (RSM) to ensure providers are appropriately informed of their patients' needs.
- Acts as the subject matter expert (SME) for area of responsibility.
- Drives, designs and implements policies, procedures and workflows that build positive relationships between the team and internal and external customers.
- Works with other reimbursement team leaders to build and create a collaborative environment making for an exceptional patient and provider experience.
- Provides a high degree of expertise in customer service and operational report analysis.
- Manage team members on operational work to prioritize work tasks, ensure goals and metrics are met or exceeded.
- Performs continuous data analysis and develops specific actions to improve business results.
- Develops employee engagement initiatives for retention and growth.
- Develops leadership and technical skills of direct reports and staff through training and mentor-ship.
- Oversight of the training functions, scheduling, on-boarding and credentialing of our 200 remote contract trainer team to assure that every patient has a satisfactory quality training experience.
- Acts as the point person for escalation issues related to providers, CAMs and contract trainers.
- Provides ongoing communication, collaboration and strategic planning with key stakeholders.
- Ensures positive interaction with patients and providers and promote excellent customer relations within the department.
- Develops new processes, procedures and workflows and maintains a culture of continuous improvement on core services.
- Develop processes and procedures to align with Joint Commission standards.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
• Demonstrated leadership skills.
• Ability to influence internal and external customers.
• Demonstrated experience in seeking out, building and nurturing strong external relationships with provider partners.
• Team player with proven ability to develop strong working relationships within a fast-paced environment.
• Experience in developing and managing key provider relationships including senior executives.
• Ability to convert related activities into a comprehensive work plan.
• Ability to communicate and present effectively to groups and individuals.
• Demonstrated excellence in customer service skills, time management and organizational skills.
• Oversees compliance, oversight and reporting of monthly departmental key indicators.
• Financial and budgeting skills.
• Superior problem solving, decision-making, and negotiating skills.
• Lead on-site departmental and supervisor meetings.
• Proven track record in staff development through coaching and mentoring.
• Ability to work independently and on a team.
Bachelor's degree plus additional 4 years of clinic, DME or hospital-related supervisory or management revenue cycle experience, or any combination of education and experience that reflects an equivalent educational background.
- 3 years hospital, clinic, DME or managed care experience.
- Proficient in Microsoft office suite products including Excel, Word, and Outlook.
- Prior work experience with direct provider contact.
- Prior work experience managing direct reports.
Knowledge of Joint Commission standards.