Title: Senior Manufacturing Accountant
Reports to: Director of Operations Finance
The Senior Manufacturing Accountant is responsible for accurately reporting Manufacturing Cost of Goods Sold and Inventory, reporting and analyzing the results, establishing and monitoring strong internal controls, supporting the Director of Operations Finance and being a business partner with the Manufacturing Operations group.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Responsible for the monthly close process for manufacturing. This includes preparing monthly JE’s as well as reporting and analysis of the results to ensure we have accurate financial statements.
• Identify transitional errors and research variances, make necessary corrections, research root causes and implement solutions to prevent recurrence.
• Identify and implement process or system improvements to strengthen internal controls while leaning out reporting and operational processes to create efficiencies.
• Work with Director of Operations Finance to establish/enhance cost accounting methodologies, reporting, and analysis.
• Reconcile Inventory balance sheet accounts each month, ensuring proper backup and controls are in place for each account.
• Work with Operations team to monitor the cycle counting program. Improve inventory accuracy through reporting, variance root cause analysis and corrective action implementation. Make recommendations for process change where needed.
• Review and close completed jobs.
• Develop, enhance and publish actionable manufacturing reporting and analysis that helps the operations team improve organization performance.
• Support the annual budgeting and quarterly forecasting process.
• Create ad hoc reports as required.
• Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Accounting; CPA, CMA, or MBA a plus.
• Proven track record in a manufacturing finance role
• Strong attention to detail and proven ability to work effectively with both Finance as well as other functions
• Strong communication skills
• Well developed organizational skills
• Strong PC skills, e.g. Excel and ERP Systems; Microsoft Power BI, Access or other databases a plus
Our company offers excellent benefits including medical, dental, life and disability insurances, 401k plan, paid time off, and tuition reimbursement among others. Additionally, our company has a fun, flexible, and challenging work environment that fosters innovation and growth for all employees.