The Customer Care team has a critical role in supporting both incoming and outgoing communications with our customers and healthcare providers. The team provides expertise in the areas of Inspire therapy, Inspire UAS system operation, post implant care, therapy acclimation, patient management, patient training and health care provider responses in a manner that complies with regulatory compliance requirements.
As the leader of this team, the Customer and Patient Services Manager is responsible for building a best-in-class support system by implementing technology solutions, creating infrastructure, documenting and optimizing processes, developing a knowledge base, and establishing and reporting on key performance metrics. The position will assist in determining the team’s goals and has shared responsibility to create process improvements for every unit/department.
Success in this role requires exceptional teamwork and interdisciplinary collaboration, superior leadership and communication skills, and the ability to manage multiple priorities. It also requires working variable hours, as needed, to complete responsibilities and meet the needs of the Customer Care Center.
• Manage communication systems which support onsite and remote support for Inspire patients and/or their caregivers regarding the use of their Inspire therapy, troubleshooting issues, and other patient service needs (e.g., patient ID cards, etc.).
• Manage communication systems which support onsite and remote support for Inspire health care providers (HCPs) regarding the use of Inspire therapy with other medical. treatments (i.e., MRIs, dental procedures, other medical implants or equipment), troubleshooting and other HPC inquires/services (e.g., e-manuals, etc.).
• Develop internal procedures and knowledge base to be used when fielding calls with both patients and HCPs to ensure consistent communication as Inspire’s implant and customer base grows (i.e., FAQs, decision trees, quality system processes, etc.).
• Develop performance metrics and management reporting around key performance metrics.
• Direct communications with potential patients (phone and internet) to the proper field/internal personnel for resolution.
• Provide coverage of therapy support phone line during business hours and as part of “on-call” coverage when needed to field questions from Inspire employees, patients and HCPs.
• Work with Quality to ensure timely reporting of potential customer complaints and product/therapy issues stemming from patient calls.
• Work with Inspire’s product development team to develop technical guidance documentation for Inspire’s field team and HCPs to be used to treatment Inspire patients.
• Work within Inspire’s Quality System to assure regulatory compliance requirements are fulfilled.
• Develop long-term relationships with customers to provide high quality and reliable support services.
Educational & Experience Requirements:
• Bachelor’s degree.
• 5 years of experience in implanted medical device technical support or patient services support.
• Bachelor’s degree in a science, technology, engineering, nursing or healthcare field is preferred.
• Registered polysomnographic technologist certification (RPSGT), Registered Sleep Technologist (RST) certification, or clinical sleep educator certification.
• Ability to work varying hours.
• Demonstrated team leadership and project management skills with the ability to prioritize and execute.
• Strong project and time management skills, with the ability to work on multiple tasks concurrently with changing priorities.
• Strong technical background or ability to master new technology concepts.
• Knowledge of FDA/Quality System Requirements. (e.g. 21 CRF Part 820, ISO 13485, etc.).
• Proficient with of MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
• Demonstrated creative and effective problem-solving skills which will be needed to troubleshoot, and support Inspire US system operation.
• 5 years of experience in a sleep laboratory as either a sleep technologist or an allied health care professional, with the primary responsibility of sleep apnea care and management.
• 1 year of experience manually scoring or interpreting sleep studies.
• Strong understanding of Continuous Positive Airway Pressure (CPAP) titration and polysomnography (PSG).
• In depth knowledge of Obstructive Sleep Apnea Syndrome (OSA) pathophysiology, diagnosis, treatment and long-term care management.