Purpose and Passion • Comprehensive Benefits • Life-Work Integration • Community • Career Growth
At Boston Scientific, you will find a collaborative culture driven by a passion for innovation that keeps us connected on the most essential level. With determination, imagination and a deep caring for human life, we’re solving some of the most important healthcare industry challenges. Together, we’re one global team committed to making a difference in people’s lives around the world. This is a place where you can find a career with meaningful purpose—improving lives through your life’s work.
Pushing the boundaries of what's possible gives my work purpose. Different Reasons. Same Mission.
About the role
UX Product Designer is a position within the larger IT DH umbrella. Responsibility for practicing and implementing UX design practices throughout DH product development.
- Design full-service consumer and business applications, translating complex user needs, technical constraints, and business goals into thoughtful, effective digital experiences
- Innovate user experience and interaction design, user research, and visual design for products
- Lead products from discovery through iterative development and delivery
- Work to support the application of user-centered design and design thinking methodologies in a development context
- Skilled at working independently with clients or stakeholders
- Proactively work to ensure high quality designs and stakeholder satisfaction, and where appropriate, alignment and consistency across products and portfolios
- Help ensure shared understanding of business and user goals
- Participate in ongoing planning and adjustment of strategic goals, scope, and timelines
- Articulate Product Design Vision to the team, to stakeholders, and to external parties
- Maintains collaboration between designer, engineers, and business stakeholders
Informs product decisions by collecting and prioritizing designer, engineer, and business stakeholder input
- Writes user stories, maintain backlog, validate product features and design
Holds team meetings (Standup, IPM, Iteration Planning Meeting, Retro) and help plan and facilitate stakeholder and end user meetings/interviews
- Defines product vision, strategy, and roadmap, business model, MVP
Responsible to release new products often
- Adjusts direction based on data, customer feedback, and business stakeholder feedback
-Communicates product updates back to business stakeholders through frequent communications such as weekly demo
- Ensures continuous compliance throughout product development by engaging and sharing with appropriate stakeholders as applicable(quality, regulatory, privacy, security,etc)
- Maintains and continuously upgrades her/his knowledge of Digital Health technologies, external competitive landscape, regulations, clinical settings, clinical workflows,
- DH product interconnectivity and system integrations, disease states; capable of learning rapidly to fill any knowledge gaps
- Adjust product direction based on data and end-user feedback
- Hold and participate in design critique meetings
- Collaborate with Engineering on product design, divisional stakeholders on strategy, optimal product definition and the Agile, Lean, DevOps process and culture
- Work with colleagues in other Design functions within companhy, enable communication and compliance with Corporate design guidelines
- Represent and share the core values and culture of the team, User-Centered Design, Design thinking, agile, lean, and XP in all of his/her actions
- Support existing efforts to establish and build credibility for the Digital Health Studio’s internal differentiated development capabilities
- Directly collaborate with team members to resolve issues and drive agile and lean best practices.
- Maintain and continuously upgrade her/his knowledge of Digital Health and consumer wellness technologies, external competitive landscape, regulations, clinical settings, clinical workflows, DH product interconnectivity and system integrations, disease states; capable of learning rapidly to fill any knowledge gaps.
What we're looking for
- BS Degree in a relevant field and/or equivalent related practical experience.
7+ years of professional experience and an online portfolio that showcases strong user-centered digital creative
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate with cross-functional partners on product and experience strategy and direction
- Demonstrated experience in all phases of the design process – from conceptual design to prototyping to launch
- Demonstrated ability to guide product decisions through user research, customer development, and iterative feedback loops
- Experience with and curiosity of agile and lean philosophies
- Experience working in an interdisciplinary setting, preferably in the medical device or healthcare sector
- Experience working in a dedicated, co-located product teams, consisting of Product Managers, Software Engineers, and Designers
- Understanding of modern front-end technologies and frameworks (e.g. HAML/SASS, grid systems, responsive design)
- Experience working in a regulated industry
- Experience shipping both new products as well as improving upon existing ones
- Experience working in both startup and large corporate environments
- Demonstrated ability to quickly learn and understand new fields, and to communicate effectively with SMEs across different subject areas and functions
As a global medical technology leader for more than 35 years, our mission at Boston Scientific (NYSE: BSX) is to transform lives through innovative medical solutions that improve the health of patients. If you’re looking to truly make a difference to people both around the world and around the corner, there’s no better place to make it happen.
Boston Scientific is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Disability, Veteran
Requisition ID: 436521