Supports Process Development team in developing, optimizing and transferring processes and technologies for new products primarily in the molding area. Manages multiple deliverables and communicates overall status, as needed/requested. Duties may include: evaluating and implementing improvements to processes, tooling and equipment; completing characterization studies; ensuring processes are accurately documented; assisting in training and qualifying of those processes during transfer to production.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES includes the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Assists Engineering on new product/process development including product documentation, operator/co-worker training, and project planning
• Works primarily in the molding process area but may support other process areas as needed
• Produces prototypes for customer evaluation as well as engineering samples
• Produces product through Development cycle, including validation as necessary
• Provides input and works with engineering to develop new and improved processes, fixtures and tooling
• Ensures that all setup data is captured and recorded.
• Assists in writing and execution of protocols (IOQs, PQs and PVs) for product qualification (including new technologies, processes and/or equipment), including any necessary work instructions
• Acts as the first point of contact for production to help with technical support, trouble-shooting, problem solving and repair activities for new product launch and/or transfers.
• Applies Lean thinking and tools during product development to optimize manufacturing processes, eliminate waste, improve efficiency and product/process flow; and ensures a safe and ergonomically friendly work environment
• Completes process characterization studies, including the execution of design of experiments (DOEs), to establish and document process windows and controls
• Ensures routings are accurate (via the completion of time studies and observation of the process) and that inaccurate routings are identified and updated
• Follows set training program for position and ensures training requirements are up to date. Uses training tracking software to ensure training is documented in timely manner.
• Demonstrates safe work habits, maintain clean and safe work area.
• Works with a positive attitude and acts within the principles of the HMC Core Values. Adheres to the Heraeus Code of Conduct Policy as relates for position.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES: To perform this successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, ability and other competency needed. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience: High School Diploma, 2-year degree or related vocational education a plus. 7 years of equivalent industry experience. Molding industry experience is strongly preferred. Able to demonstrate understanding of manufacturing processes and principles, design intent, customer end use, and impact of critical dimensions on product performance. Experience in injection molding, assembly and basic inspection tools, SPC and intermediate computer aptitude. Must be proficient in reading and writing English; Technical writing documentation ability required.
Competencies for Successful Performance
Comfortable working in a self-directed, fast-paced, team environment and giving or asking for instructions. Must report to work daily on time and be respectful to co-workers. Will use good judgment in setting work goals and priorities and will follow documented procedures with accuracy. Must be adaptive to change and must support a variety of work assignments to support internal and external customer expectations.
Ability to perform lifting (up to 50 pounds), bending, stooping, sitting and standing throughout the day. Good peripheral vision, hand/eye coordination.