Phenomix Sciences is an early stage startup with a mission of providing healthcare solutions that will enable personalized management of chronic diseases with better efficacy, fewer side effects, and lower costs. Our approach is based on a phenotype-driven multi-level “omics” platform supported with deep learning technology to identify chronic disease sub-types in order to individualize therapy selection and enhance treatment outcomes. Our first product is a novel blood-based test expected to launch in early 2019 and will accurately predict the sub-type of obesity which can be used to guide the selection of an appropriate therapy or medical intervention.
The business development manager will play an integral role in the startup of sales and business development functions at Phenomix. The ideal candidate will have 3-5 years of sales experience with weight loss products or services, pharmaceuticals, or laboratory testing. This role will be responsible for developing a detailed forecast and pipeline of early adopters in advance of the commercial launch of our first test and executing against plan to hit revenue targets. With demonstrated success against plan targets, this role will be responsible for assembling and leading the sales team, detailing market feedback for product improvement/new products, and growing business into new territories. This position requires an adaptable, outgoing, team-oriented personality with effective communication and selling skills.
• Develops and maintains a detailed sales forecast for unlaunched obesity test products
• Identifies and networks with likely early adopters and key opinion leaders to build relationships that will ensure rapid uptake upon product launch
• Develops account strategies with initial client base to ensure strong account retention and recurring business
• Executes against plan upon product launch, maintains accurate sales funnel for forecast refinement
• Maintains a high level of product and market knowledge and works collaboratively with other personnel to provide feedback on potential product enhancements and new products, and definition of marketing strategies
• Supports development of new sales collateral, presentations, etc.
• Identifies and champions lead-generating activities such as attending conferences, workshops, or related campaigns and manages budget to ensure return on investment for related spending
• Establishes and monitors sales targets and related key performance indicators of adoption success, retention, attrition, etc.
• Bachelor’s degree or advanced degree in a health sciences field such as dietetics, nutrition, nursing, psychology, physiology, etc. is strongly preferred.
• Minimum of 3-5 years of successful sales, business development, and/or marketing experience is required, preferably with weight loss products or services
• Experience liaising and interacting with physicians, nursing staff, and other medical professionals and closing complex sales
• Self motivated, pro-active, and entrepreneurial attitude is critical with excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to travel up to 50% (mostly domestic)
The position will be located in the Minneapolis or St. Paul metro area with frequent domestic travel.
Schedule and Hours
This position will require the ability to work Monday – Friday during normal business hours with occasional evenings or weekends to support requirements of the position.
OSHA RISK FACTOR CATEGORY 1. The employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand, walk, sit; and use hands to finger, handle, or feel, and work with a computer. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and smell. The employee must occasionally lift up to 50 pounds and/or carry objects weighing up to 25 pounds. The employee is required to perform repetitive motions, including reaching above the head, typing and pipetting. Specific vision abilities required by the job include peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. Color blindness testing is required for those with job specific duties requiring color discrimination.