Phenomix Sciences is an early stage startup with a mission of providing healthcare solutions that will enable personalized management of chronic diseases with better efficacy, fewer side effects, and lower costs. Our approach is based on a phenotype-driven multi-level “omics” platform supported with deep learning technology to identify chronic disease sub-types in order to individualize therapy selection and enhance treatment outcomes. Our first product is a novel blood-based test expected to launch in early 2019 and will accurately predict the sub-type of obesity which can be used to guide the selection of an appropriate therapy or medical intervention.
The Client Services and Administrative Specialist will play an integral role in the startup of client services and office operations at Phenomix. The role will fulfill a broad range of internal and client support functions including addressing inbound inquiries, managing outbound communications, coordinating shipping/receiving, order and kit fulfillment, inventory, data entry, organizing and coordinating office operations, and procedures, etc. The role will also support purchasing and procurement, coordinating travel/tradeshows/company events, and other projects as specified. The ideal candidate will be highly organized, detail-oriented, and flexible/adaptable to the challenges of supporting many important functions within a startup environment.
• Manages and staffs the front-end reception area, assisting visitors and answering inbound calls and emails promptly and professionally to resolve inquiries or issues from patients, physicians, etc.
• Supports a variety of client and internal support related tasks including errands, maintaining office supplies, shipping/receiving, procurement, coordinating maintenance, etc.
• Coordinates and plans various events including tradeshows, travel, workshops, company events, etc.
• Works in conjunction with the executive team to maintain office policies, finance records, HR records, health/safety documentation, etc.
• Proactively identifies, documents, and resolves issues that may adversely impact the customer experience
• Supports data entry and implementation of new software systems as business needs arise
• Bachelor’s degree preferred
• Prior office management, administrative, or customer experience in a healthcare setting preferred
• Ability to work independently or cross-departmentally with minimal oversight
• Excellent time management and demonstrated written, verbal, and inter-personal communication skills
• Vibrant, outgoing personality that will represent the face of the organization to visitors and staff
• Intermediate to advanced skills in Microsoft office (Word, Excel, PPT, etc.) required
• Prior experience with customer service applications such as Salesforce or other CRM is preferred
The position will be located in the Minneapolis or St. Paul metro area.
Schedule and Hours
This position will require the ability to work Monday – Friday during normal business hours with occasional evenings or weekends.
OSHA RISK FACTOR CATEGORY 1. The employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand, walk, sit; and use hands to finger, handle, or feel, and work with a computer. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and smell. The employee must occasionally lift up to 50 pounds and/or carry objects weighing up to 25 pounds. The employee is required to perform repetitive motions, including reaching above the head, typing and pipetting. Specific vision abilities required by the job include peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. Color blindness testing is required for those with job specific duties requiring color discrimination.