We are actively seeking candidates for a business development position in our Key Account / Strategic Account program. This position is an inside sales position with primary responsibilities to maintain key accounts and find growth opportunities within these existing PLS client accounts. Candidates must have demonstrated experience in business-to-business selling within the scientific community. Candidates must have prior experience in sales and a familiarity with laboratory testing of regulated healthcare products within FDA-regulated industry (e.g. pharmaceuticals, biopharmaceuticals, and/or medical devices).
The Key Account / Strategic Account Specialist will be responsible for maintaining key client relationships and finding growth opportunities for increased business and revenue growth within existing Pace Analytical Life Sciences clients. Expansion of the business relationship, both in terms of top line revenue and expanding business into new divisions/departments, is a key performance indicator. The ideal candidate is one who will thrive working in a highly dynamic, team oriented environment: sharing the common goal of improving human health and who resides within their assigned territory.
• Represent Pace Analytical Life Sciences to assigned existing clients. This will include regular interactions by phone and email and periodic face-to-face, in person meetings at PLS/client sites, or other venues, as appropriate.
• Offer capabilities presentations to new contacts within these customer accounts and promote PLS capabilities, including the full range of PLS experience, certifications and credentials, and service offerings. This will include face-to-face, in person meetings at client sites, via virtual electronic meetings (e.g. webinar), and other venues, as appropriate.
• Development of new business within their accounts. Expansion of the business relationship, both in terms of top line revenue and expanding business into new divisions/departments is a key performance indicator.
• Document all sales and opportunity activity within the PLS customer relationship management system (CRM).
• Prepare and maintain detailed forecasts of incoming revenue for all assigned accounts within the CRM.
• Collaborate with project management and operational staff to support the development of relationships with customers.
• Work to generate new business leads through networking and build upon strong internal relationships created.
• Work with the PLS business development group to manage the overall preparation and presentation of quotes, contracts and proposals to clients ranging from routine quotations to thorough responses to large program "Request for Proposal" (RFP) responses.
• Present periodic performance reports to key clients, such as with quarterly metrics reports on the lab's performance including, but not limited to, quarterly sales, % on time metrics, and % OOS/LIR/Reissued Report metrics.
• Manage overall client satisfaction and participate in client issue resolution, as appropriate.
• Minimum of a BS/BA degree in Science or Business related fields. Alternatively, a combination of education and sufficient prior experience may be considered.
• Three to five years of experience in direct selling activities to the scientific community.
• Familiarity with laboratory testing of regulated healthcare products (e.g. pharmaceuticals, medical devices) is preferred.
• Ability to work with Pace Life Sciences staff in the Oakdale, MN to achieve company goals and objectives.
• Ability to work independently and travel as needed to maintain, nurture, and develop assigned client base. Travel into assigned accounts may vary. Travel frequency of 25% should be expected to effectively manage the client base with infrequent periods of more intense travel possible.
• Demonstrated ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers.
• Experience presenting information to individuals and groups, to include all levels within client organizations from routine end-users through top management.
• The proven abilities in customer service, account management, and abilities to sell professional services is a must for this position.
• The ability to maintain, develop, and grow a personal portfolio of clients.
• Highly motivated and sales-growth-results driven personality that exudes passion for the business.
• Motivated by challenge and an opportunity to build and expand the business relationship, both in terms of top line revenue and expanding business into new divisions/departments, is a key performance indicator.
• Strong problem solving skills including the ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
• Strong listener capable of gathering, processing, and prioritizing information from multiple sources and perspectives.
• Orientation towards teamwork and a collaborative environment.