SUMMARY: This position is responsible for preparation of business contracts (quotes and proposals) and comprehensive responses to Requests for Proposal (RFP) solicitations for new business programs and opportunities into Pace Analytical Life Sciences (PLS); supporting all PLS locations. This position requires a strong technical understanding of pharmaceutical and medical device analytical testing procedures. Primary job duties include the technical review of analytical testing methods/procedures, interaction with laboratory technical staff, and application of business and pricing models to produce accurate, cost-competitive and sustainable business proposals. This position supports client-facing sales and project management staff with technical and business background to support client interactions. Proficiency in laboratory testing, the LIMS database, Microsoft Word, and Microsoft Excel to draft contracts and proposals is required. In addition, this position may support other aspects of business development and marketing.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Review and comprehend complex microbiology and chemistry testing methods
• Apply business and pricing models to determine accurate, cost-competitive, consistent, and sustainable price points for a wide variety of laboratory testing programs and opportunities
• Prepare complex quotes and business proposals incorporating a solid understanding of technical testing requirements and business models.
• Prepare quotes, contracts, and thorough responses to Requests for Proposals (RFP) using databases, MS Word, and MS Excel
• Communicate with external sales staff, internal technical staff, and project management staff to support preparation of quotes/proposals and to provide both technical and business support for the optimal presentation of proposals to PLS prospects and clients
• Provide technical guidance, business guidance, and training to junior staff
• Ability to independently read and interpret various technical documents
• Review new industry guidance to determine appropriate testing designs, required equipment, and assist in development of new service offerings for PLS
• Proficiency in the LIMS database, Microsoft Word, and Microsoft Excel
• Good organizational skills
• Strong communication skills and excellent writing skills
• Ability to work effectively as part of a team
• Ability to manage multiple and changing priorities
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: BS/BA degree in chemistry, microbiology, or a related science. Solid technical knowledge and hands-on experience with analytical and/or microbiology techniques employed within a GMP laboratory. Ideal candidate is an individual who has worked in the lab for at least five years and is looking to become involved in a business-focused role to help drive the growth of the company.
LANGUAGE SKILLS: Ability to read, analyze, and interpret client supplied methods, various compendia (e.g. USP, EP, JP, ACS, FCC), professional journals, and technical procedures, and translate them into appropriate bids. Ability to respond to common and complex inquiries from sales and laboratory staff in regards to pricing and quoting. Ability to write reports and business correspondence.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: Ability to apply mathematical operations to activities associated with the bidding process. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
REASONING ABILITY: Ability to apply principals of logical or scientific rationale to a wide range of intellectual and practical problems as related to the quoting process. Ability to deal with non-verbal symbolism, formulas, scientific equations, and graphs. Ability to deal with a variety of abstract and concrete variables.