RxFunction is a privately-held start-up medical device company headquartered in Eden Prairie with a mission to design and bring to market medical technologies that restore balance, increase mobility, and enhance confidence.
Our first product is Walkasins, an innovative, non-invasive lower limb Sensory Neuroprosthesis for people with sensory peripheral neuropathy who have gait and balance impairments. Peripheral neuropathy is a condition estimated to affect over 20 million Americans. Walkasins is manufactured in Minnesota and will be sold mainly through healthcare systems to prescribing clinicians in neurology, physical medicine and rehab, and physical therapy; and referral clinicians in diabetes and oncology. RxFunction, Inc. has recently registered and listed Walkasins with the FDA, but Walkasins is not yet available for sale.
The co-inventor and current CTO developed this technology at Boston University and founded the company in 2010, receiving $1.3 million in grant funding from the NIH to further develop and clinically evaluate the Walkasins technology. RxFunction has completed a successful $7.5 million Series A round of funding.
To join our innovative and fast-growing organization and become part of our dedicated sales team, please apply by emailing your resume and cover letter to Jane.Vaughan@rxfunction.com.
The Sales Representative reports directly to the V.P. of Sales. This position is responsible for successfully establishing, retaining, and growing customer accounts that purchase RxFunction products within the assigned territory. The Sales Rep will specifically leverage company training, tools and support to cultivate highly satisfied customers, understand and identify needs for RxFunction products, and deliver on sales and revenue goals.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Manage business, leads and customers within a defined territory.
- Create a new market for RxFunction in the sales rep's territory by strategically targeting customers and patients and working to increase the patient flow to increase volume.
- Train local clinical customers on how to identify appropriate indicated patients and achieve the best possible clinical outcome.
- Provide training support as necessary for eligible patients in their territory.
- Work locally with key administrators and critical clinical customers at target centers to insure product evaluation processes are successful and pricing goals are met. Meet or exceed established monthly, quarterly, annual sales performance goals.
- Develop and execute a sales plan for penetrating the assigned territory including making cold calls and visiting prospects in strategic call points to show RxFunction products and following customer preferences and protocols in scheduling appointments.
- Responsible for building and owning relationships with physical therapists, physicians, hospital purchasing or biomed departments, clinic owners, managers, and other staff involved in the sale and support of RxFunction products within the Veterans Health Administration, rehabilitation centers, clinics and other treatment centers as identified.
- Effectively demonstrate and educate clinical customers on the benefits of RxFunction products, leveraging clinical services support and providing sales and ordering materials.
- Identify, develop and maintain effective internal and external business relationships; ensure key contacts are maintained throughout the sales process and post-sale activities.
- Communicate effectively cross-functionally with colleagues in sales, marketing, and support teams to ensure positive customer experiences.
- Collect, analyze, and present competitive and field sales data to assist with strategy, planning and implementation.
- Follow company processes to provide customer feedback and to address complaints or issues in a timely manner.
- Manage sales samples and evaluation inventory to maximize outcomes.
- Maintain and report accurate records of prospective customers and competitive information, including effectively capturing lead and customer information in company systems.
- Participate in local and national tradeshows and events as requested.
- Complete required training, certifications, expense reports, and sales documentation and reporting as required.
- Four-year undergraduate degree from an accredited college or university.
- Minimum 3 to 5 years of sales experience with proven record of accomplishment.
-Highly organized with impeccable follow-through.
- Sales competence with demonstrated ability to build and retain long-term customer relationships.
- High level of personal and professional integrity and trustworthiness with strong work ethic and the ability to work independently with minimal direction.
- Can clearly and succinctly communicate in a variety of settings.
- Exceptional customer focus.
- Must live in assigned territory.
- Ability to travel up to 75% of the time via car and plane.
- Valid drivers license with a clean driving record.
- Experience in sales of medical devices or diagnostics.
- Experience calling on and credibly communicating with Physical Therapists, Physiatrists and Neurologists.
- Experience in a sales role where follow up (not just one-time contact) was necessary to close the sale.
- Experience in a sales role during a product launch.
- Demonstrated success in creating new customers for a new product, treatment or therapy.
- Comfortable in working directly with patients and patient advocacy groups in their territory.
The physical demands described within the Responsibilities section of this job description are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to be independently mobile. The employee is also required to use a computer and communicate with peers and co-workers.