Job Title: Lab Technician, Quality Control
Job Description: Ferring Pharmaceuticals is a globally recognized, research-driven, biopharmaceutical company with more than 65 years of history. Headquartered in Switzerland, Ferring is privately owned with approximately 6,500 employees in nearly 60 countries. In the United States, Ferring identifies, develops and markets innovative products in the fields of reproductive health (infertility), urology, gastroenterology, endocrinology, womenÃ¢??s health (obstetrics/gynecology), orthopedics and Oncology. FerringÃ¢??s US operations employ approximately 900 people.
People Come First At Ferring. The Ferring Philosophy places people at the heart of what we do. This guides our relations with patients, physicians, employees, and other stakeholders. We invite you to share our passion for people and the power of science.
Rebiotix, a late-stage biotechnology company part of the Ferring Pharmaceutical Group, is focused on commercializing the worldÃ¢??s first Microbiota Restoration Therapy. By harnessing the power of the human microbiome, Rebiotix aspires to change the way challenging gastrointestinal diseases are treated. Our goal is to improve the lives of patients and reduce the cost of care associated with some of the most debilitating disorders suffered by patients worldwide. We are a passionate team of scientists, engineers and clinical researchers motivated by the opportunity to blaze new trails and create new technologies for todayÃ¢??s medical field, looking for like-minded individuals to add to our growing team.
Summary: The purpose of the Quality Control (QC) Lab Technician is to support the daily activities of the QC laboratory. This includes but not limited to donor source material inspections, review of send out testing, laboratory testing preparations.
- Perform daily source material inspections.
- Daily review of send out samples for source material testing.
- Laboratory testing preparation activities (eg. Saline conical tube preparation, reagent/solution preparation).
- Weekly laboratory cleaning.
- Maintain laboratory inventory.
- Logging in of samples received from Operations.
- Generate/Revise general procedures, protocols, and technical reports as needed.
- BachelorÃ¢??s degree in a scientific field including general lab experience, or an AssociateÃ¢??s degree with a minimum of 4 years of experience in a GMP environment.
- Can work independently and in team setting.
- Strong communication skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Sit or stand for 8-10 hours per day, can lift up to 25 lbs.
We are proud to be an Affirmative Action/EEO Employer. EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
If you need assistance during the application process due to a disability, please email firstname.lastname@example.org