Job Title:Microbiologist I
Job Description: Ferring Pharmaceuticals is a globally recognized, research-driven, biopharmaceutical company with more than 65 years of history. Headquartered in Switzerland, Ferring is privately owned with approximately 6,500 employees in nearly 60 countries. In the United States, Ferring identifies, develops and markets innovative products in the fields of reproductive health (infertility), urology, gastroenterology, endocrinology, womenÃ¢??s health (obstetrics/gynecology), orthopedics and Oncology. FerringÃ¢??s US operations employ approximately 900 people.
People Come First At Ferring. The Ferring Philosophy places people at the heart of what we do. This guides our relations with patients, physicians, employees, and other stakeholders. We invite you to share our passion for people and the power of science.
Rebiotix, a late-stage biotechnology company part of the Ferring Pharmaceutical Group, is focused on commercializing the worldÃ¢??s first Microbiota Restoration Therapy. By harnessing the power of the human microbiome, Rebiotix aspires to change the way challenging gastrointestinal diseases are treated. Our goal is to improve the lives of patients and reduce the cost of care associated with some of the most debilitating disorders suffered by patients worldwide. We are a passionate team of scientists, engineers and clinical researchers motivated by the opportunity to blaze new trails and create new technologies for todayÃ¢??s medical field, looking for like-minded individuals to add to our growing team.
Summary: The Microbiologist I performs QC laboratory activities independently or under minimal instruction in support of product development, manufacturing, and quality control data analysis activities under cGMP regulations.
- Perform QC release testing per applicable procedures, ensuring that results are evaluated to the required test specifications/acceptance criteria.
- Perform environmental monitoring testing.
- Perform stability testing within required timelines.
- Perform review of test records.
- Execute and maintain QC laboratory procedures.
- Writes deviations and OOS investigations as required.
- Performs investigation testing as required.
- Execute experimental protocol testing.
- Train laboratory personnel on test methods and QC laboratory procedures.
- Assist with method validation as required.
- Any other duties as assigned for business reasons.
- BachelorÃ¢??s degree in Microbiology, Biology, Molecular Biology, or related scientific field.
- 3 years of laboratory experience, preferably in a QC cGMP regulated environment.
- Hands on experience in bacteriology such as sterile technique, bacterial plating, serial dilutions, enumeration, and PCRCan work independently and in team setting.
- Strong communication skills.
- Follow procedures as written, strong attention to detail, ability to technically write procedures.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office programs such as Word and Excel.
- Attention to detail.
- Sit or stand for 8-10 hours per day, can lift up to 25 lbs.
We are proud to be an Affirmative Action/EEO Employer. EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
If you need assistance during the application process due to a disability, please email firstname.lastname@example.org