Bind is a health technology and services company founded in 2016 and headquartered in Minneapolis, MN with satellite offices in New York and San Francisco. Bind is health insurance for the way we live now. Unlike traditional health insurance that charges you for services you may never need or want, Bind is on demand: pay for what you need, not what you don’t, and adjust your coverage when those needs change. Health coverage that’s flexible, clear, and intuitive.
We are creative, collaborative, and a little bit fiery. The Bind team is comprised of like-minded individuals passionate about healthcare, and our cause is the collective act of rewiring it. We embrace new ideas. We’re more wheel than cog. More spark than smoke. And we are playful and venturesome in our daily mission to render real and refreshing solutions to health insurance that works better for us all.
Product Manager – Sales & Underwriting Tools
Bind is developing a scalable process for selling and underwriting on-demand health insurance. Our Products team is growing! Our newly created Product Manager will design and deliver the technology needed for channel partners, brokers and salespeople to efficiently quote, underwrite and sell Bind plans to self-funded employers of all sizes.
You must be high energy, data-driven Product Manager who acts thoughtfully and proactively. You will work across sales, operations, product, and technology to design and deliver an accurate and scalable solution that enables Bind to continue to grow its customer base and scale its operations.
• Contribute to Bind’s product vision and strategy for an efficient, scalable sales and underwriting process.
• Own and drive a product roadmap in coordination with channel partners and stakeholders.
• Write user stories and prioritize the product backlog.
• Drive Agile development practices.
• Define, measure and analyze product performance.
• Problem solve administrative challenges and contribute to a continuous product improvement process.
• Bachelor’s degree in engineering, mathematics, computer science, software development or other technical field; advanced degree preferred.
• 2-4 years of experience in product management or software engineering.
• Strong data query and analysis skills.
• Health care experience, especially in underwriting ideal.
• Unique balance of disciplined analytical thinking, creative passion, and a willingness to be hands-on.
• Strong personal drive to continually re-invent and evolve the state of product design.
• A passion for a data-driven culture.
• Excellent problem-solving skills.
• Excellent teamwork skills, communication skills and ability to interact and influence across diverse groups of technical and non-technical people at all levels.
• Ability to adapt styles to the objective at hand – knowing when to apply pressure, knowing when to compromise to keep development moving forward.
• Superior attention to detail.
• Agile development experience.
• Experience working in a continuous delivery / DevOps model, preferred.
Bind is committed to providing equal employment opportunities. All qualified applicants and employees will be considered for employment and advancement without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, disability, age, marital status, sexual orientation, veteran status, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable law.