Why work at Entegris?
Lead. Inspire. Innovate. Define Your Future.
Not everyone who works for a global company shares the same background, experiences and perspectives. We leverage the differences of our employees to bring new ideas to the table. Every employee throughout the company is encouraged to share input on projects and initiatives. Our decision making process is truly a collaborative effort as we realize there are leaders at every level of the organization. We put our values at the core of how we operate as an organization — not just when it’s convenient, but in a lasting and meaningful way. We want the time and energy you spend here to have a positive impact on your life inside and outside of the office.
Entegris is a values-driven culture and our employees rally around our core PACE values:
We are growing! The Application Engineer plays a critical role interacting with customers and internal Entegris functions serving as a Subject Matter Expert in bioprocessing and cell therapy product freezing and shipment (cold chain) within Entegris’ Single Use Life Science business unit. This individual is a key contact for defining real world (customer centric) application studies, demos, supporting customer evaluations, and technical support for single use freezing and shipment systems. This individual will be based in Bloomington, MN, and spend some time traveling throughout the US with occasional travel to Europe.
In this role, you will:
• Leverage expertise and interactions with end users and prospective customers of single use products to guide strategy and development.
• Help generate content for white papers/posters/application notes on Entegris cold chain solutions.
• Work closely with key customers to identify and understand their key processes and product/solution needs and the technical trends as they relate to Entegris single use products.
• Assist laboratory personnel in developing and performing laboratory scale testing to mimic customer process steps.
• Assist regional sales people in building and maintaining relationships with key customers.
• Be the regional source of product support knowledge and SME on bioprocessing cold chain.
• Develop internal training materials and support training within the commercial operation and implement training actions either personally or via the corporate training group.
• Help support sales with product Alpha and Beta evaluation, and ongoing customer centric evaluation support.
• Perform customer training for single use products as needed at customer sites in support of alpha, beta, and new applications.
• Provide competitive benchmarking evaluation of Entegris cold chain products.
• Serve as the technical advisor to the selling operation on market/product issues, coordination of related technical service projects.
• Take the lead in resolving product/application issues for newly launched products.
• Communicate product technical advisories as directed by the business unit.
• Act as the conduit for bringing back the voice of the customer to the business unit.
• Ability to travel up to 25%.
Traits we believe make a strong candidate:
• Bachelor’s degree in an Engineering and/or Science discipline and 10 years’ experience or equivalent.
• Experience designing and implementing single use systems for storage, freezing and shipment of final product.
• Direct knowledge of the use of plastics in bioprocessing, including use during the manufacturing and storage of biopharmaceuticals.
• Experience with single use test method development; including working with model streams.
• Knowledge of Bioprocessing and/or Biopharmaceutical manufacturing required; in particular experience with downstream bioprocess operations including purification and final fill.
• Experience with FDA regulated industry required.
• Knowledge of life sciences regulatory requirements such as USP, cGMP, and ISO is preferred.
• Experience with product designs requiring CE, UL and other regulations is highly desired.
Our total rewards package goes above and beyond just a paycheck. Whether you’re looking to build your career, improve your health, or protect your wealth, we offer generous benefits to help you achieve your goals.
• Competitive total compensation plans.
• A 401(K) plan to help you plan for your future with an impressive employer match that’s all yours- no vesting!
• Great health, dental and vision insurance packages to fit your needs to ensure you’re happy and healthy.
• A progressive PTO policy that empowers our employees to take the time they need to recharge!
At Entegris we are committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees and applicants. Our policy is to recruit, hire, train, and reward employees for their individual abilities, achievements and experience without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, marital or military status.