The VP of Operations will provide strategic direction and hands-on leadership to the manufacturing organization of Nuvaira. The position will be responsible for ensuring compliance with regulatory requirements as well as alignment with company objectives and quality standards. As a dynamic, resourceful and strategic thinker the VP of Operations will provide results-oriented leadership to develop a robust and efficient manufacturing organization. This individual will report directly to the CEO.
• Plan, direct and lead all functions within the manufacturing organization.
• Plan, direct, and implement policies, objectives, and activities to maximize returns on investments, and to optimize efficiency.
• Establish and monitor overall manufacturing performance for production and quality standards.
• Develop product quality, delivery and efficiency metrics and ensure metrics are consistently met.
• Establish strategic sourcing strategy which includes negotiation strategy, contract templates and supplier metrics.
• Set and maintain strategy with regards to inventory controls.
• Work closely with R&D to ensure products are designed for manufacturability.
• Create an environment that promotes collaborative relationships with R&D, marketing, quality and regulatory affairs teams which enables effective new product development, manufacturing integration, launch and sales.
• Demonstrate a leadership presence that promotes a culture of quality, compliance and employee engagement.
• Promote a quality culture throughout the manufacturing function, ensuring compliance to policies, procedures and regulations and sustained through reinforcement of “quality first” behaviors at all levels of employees.
• Cultivate a continuous improvement culture and improvement of business processes in manufacturing.
• Lead and motivate staff; promote employee involvement, operational excellence, internal career development, and foster positive organizational culture.
• Actively participate as a member of the Executive Committee.
• Participate in annual strategic planning and budgeting process; develop and manage financial budgets for the manufacturing organization.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• Degree in Engineering, Business Management or related field.
• Minimum of 15 years’ experience in medical device manufacturing.
• Minimum of 10 years’ leadership experience, preferably at the Director level or above.
• Working knowledge of regulatory requirements for medical device manufacturing.
• Start-up experience is preferred.
• Experience working with contract manufacturing.
• Knowledge of quality management system requirements and medical device regulations in US and globally.
• Strong leadership skills to engage, influence and motivate colleagues as well as subordinates.
• Ability to cultivate a positive, results and team-oriented environment.
• Ability to effectively manage change.
Physical Job Requirements:
The physical demands described within the Responsibilities section of this job description are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to be independently mobile. The employee is also required to interact with a computer, and communicate with peers and co-workers. Upon request, reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This job description is intended as a summary of the primary responsibilities of and qualifications for this position. The job description is not intended as inclusive of all duties an individual in this position might be asked to perform or of all qualifications that may be required either now or in the future.
Nuvaira is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer that values and actively seeks diversity in the workforce.