About the position
Zepto Life Technology is devoted to improving people’s quality of life through the development of portable instruments and applications that benefit healthcare providers, patients, and their families by quickly diagnosing diseases. Using our leading-edge sensor technology and conventional assay knowledge, we provide advanced solutions to difficult issues facing the world today.
Zepto Life Technology is currently looking for an Administrative assistant to join our growing team. This role contributes to the success of the day to day operations of the company. The ideal applicant has experience is a detail orientated self starter.
Under the direct supervision of the Office Manager this position provides administrative and secretarial support for the company. In addition to typing, filing and scheduling, performs duties such as purchasing, assisting with financial documents, coordination of meetings and conferences, obtaining supplies, coordinating direct mailings, greeting and assisting visitors, and working on special projects. Also, answers non-routine correspondence and assembles highly confidential and sensitive information. Deals with a diverse group of important external callers and visitors as well as internal contacts at all levels of the organization. Independent judgment is required to plan, prioritize and organize diversified workload, recommends changes in office practices or procedures.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Manages the reception area to ensure effective telephone and mail communications both internally and externally to maintain professional image.
- Supervises the maintenance and alteration of office areas and equipment, as well as layout, arrangement and housekeeping of office facilities.
- Schedules and organizes complex activities such as meetings, travel, conferences and department activities as directed.
- Establishes, develops, maintains and updates filing system. Retrieves information from files when needed.
- Organizes and prioritizes large volumes of information and calls.
- Sorts and distributes mail and deliveries. Responds to regularly occurring requests for information.
- Answers phones. Takes messages or fields/answers all routine and non-routine questions.
- Acts as a liaison with other departments and outside agencies, including high-level staff such as CEOs, presidents, senior vice presidents and chiefs. Handles confidential and non-routine information and explains policies when necessary.
- Works independently and within a team on special nonrecurring and ongoing projects. Acts as project manager for special projects, at the request of the office manager, which may include: planning and coordinating multiple presentations, disseminating information, coordinating direct mailings, creating brochures.
- Proofreads copy for spelling, grammar and layout, making appropriate changes. Responsible for accuracy and clarity of final copy.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent.
- At least two years of previous related experience.
- Working knowledge of mail processes such as postage machine, FedEx and UPS.
Preferred Education and Experience:
Experience in a fast-paced environment.
Additional Eligibility Quality Qualifications:
None required for this position.
As directed by Office Manager.