Bind is a health technology and services company founded in 2016 and headquartered in Minneapolis, MN with satellite offices in New York and San Francisco. Bind is health insurance for the way we live now. Unlike traditional health insurance that charges you for services you may never need or want, Bind is on demand: pay for what you need, not what you don’t, and adjust your coverage when those needs change. Health coverage that’s flexible, clear, and intuitive.
We are creative, collaborative, and a little bit fiery. The Bind team is comprised of like-minded individuals passionate about healthcare, and our cause is the collective act of rewiring it. We embrace new ideas. We’re more wheel than cog. More spark than smoke. And we are playful and venturesome in our daily mission to render real and refreshing solutions to health insurance that works better for us all.
Bind is actively seeking a highly skilled, motivated, and experienced individual to orchestrate the vision, roadmap, and delivery of sales proposals and RFPs for an innovative new health insurance product. Delivering these capabilities will require coordinating across all aspects of the organization. Bind is looking for an individual who will pursue a deep understanding of our product, identify and prioritize solutions, and clearly and effectively communicate both internally and externally. This individual will be responsible for coordinating and completing sales support for both mid-market and large-market sales opportunities. Focus, enthusiasm, and a dedication to excellence are all personal characteristics highly valued in the Bind organization.
- Work with key stakeholders (sales, marketing, product subject matter experts) to articulate Bind’s differentiators and value proposition within the RFP response.
Interpret and understand the needs of the customer (in partnership with sales representative) and work with other team members to create a compelling, well- articulated value proposition that aligns Bind’s product with the employer’s objectives.
- Revise existing content and create new content to develop comprehensive, high quality proposals. Customize content as needed to support employer-specific requirements.
- Coordinate with sales and underwriting to complete fee and service schedule, stop loss proposals, and related financial requirements.
- Manage, coordinate, and maintain a comprehensive database of content to accurately respond to proposals, RFPs, RFIs, conference applications, and general employer, consultant, and broker questions as part of the sales process.
- Establish and manage protocols and processes for responding to RFPs/RFIs from employers, brokers, and consulting firms.
- Research industry-related topics (combining online sources, interviews and published studies).
- Write clear, concise white papers, articles, social media briefs/posts, etc. to promote our brand. Coordinate with marketing and design teams to illustrate articles.
- Identify customers’ needs and gaps in our content and recommend new topics.
- Ensure all around consistency style, fonts, images and tone.
- Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of 5 years of applicable experience.
- Proposal and RFP writing for a health insurance company for a minimum of 3 years.
- Experience with large/jumbo employer buying cycles.
- Experience with small/mid-market buying cycles and processes, including stop-loss.
- Strong focus on accuracy and quality.
- Ability to identify key opportunities for action in an innovating environment that includes ambiguity and change.
- Deep understanding of health care industry constituents and their needs.
- Ability to apply creativity and personal initiative in the development of comprehensive, high quality proposals.
- Ability to effectively manage the flow of incoming work with aggressive deadlines.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and priorities in a highly dynamic environment, strong problem-solving skills, exceptional attention to detail.
- Knowledge and experience in a health care environment with HIPAA requirements.
Bind is committed to providing equal employment opportunities. All qualified applicants and employees will be considered for employment and advancement without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, disability, age, marital status, sexual orientation, veteran status, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable law.