Title: Commodity Manager
Reports to: Director of Supply Chain Management
Minnetronix Medical provides award-winning product design, development, manufacturing, and IP innovation services to the medical device and life science marketplaces. Minnetronix Medical’s experienced engineers and manufacturing teams provide expertise on a wide range of Class II and Class III medical equipment, such as cardiovascular systems, point-of-care diagnostic instruments, therapeutic devices, implantable devices, and monitoring equipment. Minnetronix Medical has led over 200 design and manufacturing projects for 125 different medical device and life science firms, ranging in size from small start-ups to Fortune 100 companies. FDA Registered, ISO 13485 Certified.
Provides specialized expertise in the management of Minnetronix Medical’s material supply chain through a combination of strategic and tactical sourcing programs. Prepares bids and negotiates contracts. Ensures that supply agreements are properly negotiated, written and executed. Strategic thought leader responsible for market analysis, strategic direction and managing execution of all aspects related to sourcing and contracting for a portfolio. Key commodities are PCBAs, Cables, Injection Molding, Custom mechanicals, and Adhesives supporting both development and manufacturing of electronic assemblies.
This position requires comprehensive knowledge within a functional area. Performs work under general direction and work is reviewed upon completion for adequacy in meeting objectives and ensuring compliance with processes, standards and policies of the organization. Provides technical solutions to a wide range of difficult and complex problems. Solutions are imaginative, thorough, practical and consistent with the objectives of the organization. This position may train and mentor less experienced professionals.
Essential Duties and Requirements:
- Collaborate with various internal stakeholders to define sourcing requirements, develop requirements documents and statements of work, execute sourcing events, and enter into negotiations with select suppliers in order to achieve the best possible sourcing solutions for the materials required.
- Develop and maintain long-term supplier relationships that will provide Minnetronix Medical with competitive advantages including lowest total cost, highest quality products, and superior customer service. This includes the development and execution of complex sourcing events, management of a cross-functional selection process, negotiations of multi-year strategic agreements, and ongoing collaborative efforts to extend the value of the relationship.
- Develop, review and provide feedback on Request for Proposals (RFP's), Service Level Agreements, supplier contracts, and other stakeholder or business partner contract requests.
- Monitor contract terms closely to ensure that sufficient notice is given for lapsing contracts to be reviewed and appropriate sourcing procedures implemented in a timely fashion.
- Lead supplier performance through evaluation of pre-established metrics with select suppliers and develop corrective action plans as needed.
- Conduct spend analysis and develop sourcing plans that leverage spend and drive the best possible Total Cost of Ownership (TCO).
- Partner with other Minnetronix Medical stakeholders to develop and administer supplier quality improvement plans.
- Implement and improve contracting processes, tools and templates and other business processes in support of the supply chain strategy.
- Conduct and report market research around applicable categories, appropriate commodity markets and key pricing indices.
- Demonstrate skillful application of contract development and negotiations.
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, supply chain management, or similar discipline is required.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in planning and/or scheduling with a manufacturing company is preferred.
- Strong knowledge of Strategic Sourcing processes.
- Comprehensive knowledge of product portfolio management, including key industry players and performance drivers.
- Advanced knowledge of procurement process from determination of requirements, RFP creation and evaluation, as well as vendor selection.
- Familiarity with an ERP system (SAP, Epicor, Oracle, etc.) and common software applications is required.
- Understand the MRP/ERP system and the impact parameters have on the planning process.
- Solid knowledge supply chain processes (production planning, sales/forecasted demand management, capacity leveling, and finished goods material inventory management).
- Ability to effectively interact with multi-functional areas (marketing/sales, manufacturing, engineering, purchasing, accounting, quality, etc.).
- Knowledge of lean manufacturing and process variation reduction (six sigma) concepts and tool sets as they relate to materials management.
- Ability to analyze current and historical consumption and performance to create accurate forecasts of future needs.
- Work independently; with guidance in only the most complex situations.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.