PaR Systems is a world leader in design and manufacturing of robotic and automation systems for the aerospace industry and market. We are seeking a senior mechanical engineer who is able to research, conceptualize, plan, and design mechanical and electromechanical products and systems. The successful candidate must demonstrate solid technical acumen and interest in hands-on machine design, electro-mechanical systems, automation, and should possess an advanced understanding of both mechanics and software and control systems. The ideal candidate is a self-starter who can proactively demonstrate leadership in a team environment with other mechanical, controls, and software engineers to support the design, assembly, integration, check-out, and testing of machines and systems that meet the specifications and expectations of our customers. We need an individual who has proven success in delivering customer satisfaction while maintaining project scope, budget, and schedule.
• Contribute to winning customer proposals, which will include the technical description and the associated cost and schedule requirements to successfully deliver the project.
• Researches commercially available hardware components and sub-assemblies that can be incorporated into the planned machine design in order to meet customer requirements.
• Conceptualizes and models a machine or system that meets customer specifications as well as schedule/budget requirements.
• Leads internal and customer design review to determine feasibility of design or application and refine the design as it evolves.
• Produces detailed design drawings for system procurement, fabrication, and assembly.
• Leads an integrated team to design products and systems that interface machine hardware, controls, and software.
• Supports fabrication and installation activities to ensure products and systems conform to engineering design and customer specifications.
• Writes test procedures that support machine checkout and verification.
• Commitment to team success during design, procurement, assembly, commissioning, checkout, factory acceptance, and customer on-site acceptance.
• Provide occasional on-site integration, testing, and field service (repair) support (some travel required).
• B.S. in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent experience that demonstrates mastery of fundamentals
• Minimum of 5-10 years of applicable professional experience, with heavy emphasis placed on machine design and drawing production
• Functional user of SolidWorks and Microsoft Office tools (with an emphasis on Excel)
• Ability to perform structural analysis
• Extensive knowledge of engineering materials
• Extensive knowledge and ability to perform calculations for fasteners, rivets and welded structures.
• Extensive knowledge and ability to perform calculations for sizing of motor drives, clutches and gear boxes
• Strong organizational and communications skills
• U.S. Citizen
Desired Experience, Skills and Background
• Design experience with CNC and/or robotic articulated arm (Fanuc, Kuka, Comau, etc.) automated systems
• Advanced Engineering degree(s) or coursework
• Award of US Patents for component/machine design
• General understanding of Electrical, Controls, and Software architecture of automated systems
This position offers the opportunity to join a rapidly growing high technology company. PaR Systems Inc. is a privately held corporation with a demonstrated ability, through continuous innovation and new product development, to grow profitably. The enduring culture at PaR reinforces personal values such as integrity and responsibility, but also teamwork, open communication, passion for customers, and product excellence. Candidates must have an interest in complex, sophisticated, automation systems that improve our customer's businesses. For over 50 years, we have maintained an excellent blend of small company efficiency while implementing ever-higher standards of excellence. This has produced a successful technology company with very low turnover and a strong dedication to customer satisfaction.
• Integrity & Honesty: It is who we are and what we do every day that makes us proud to be part of PaR Systems.
• Customer Driven: We can best meet our client's needs by delivering innovative, high quality solutions as partners.
• Growth Oriented: Through continuous innovation, we strive to be the leader in our fields and grow profitably.
• Individual Responsibility: Our corporate success occurs with each individual taking personal responsibility for being the best at his/her job and working together to safely meet client's needs.
• Open Communication: We demonstrate our respect for one another and our customers through consistent, forthright, and open communications.
• Developing Our People: The success of the individual and of PaR Systems is a shared responsibility and occurs as each person grows through continual development.
• Stretch: We will always strive to exceed customer expectations, and our goals for continuous business improvements.
To be considered for our Sr. Mechanical Engineer role, please apply online at http://bit.ly/PaRCareers.