Responsible for the maintenance and support of production and facilities equipment. Performs regular routine preventative maintenance on equipment to ensure good working conditions at all times throughout our facilities. Diagnoses and troubleshoots equipment problems to ensure equipment problems are addressed within a timely manner. Provides Technical support to Engineering, Production and Facilities.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES includes the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Troubleshoots mechanical and electrical conditions to determine corrective action needed to solve equipment problems. This must be done in a timely manner to ensure production down time is kept to a minimum.
• Determines when repair is required by an external vendor and expedites notification for timely response.
• Maintains a record of maintenance and repairs performed on each piece of equipment.
• Working with suppliers – maintains inventory of spare parts needed in the maintenance and repair of equipment. Ensures inventory supplies are maintained at an adequate level to address needs timely.
• Notifies management concerning needs for major repairs.
• Supports building janitorial efforts when needed.
• Will do some machine control programming; Programming PLC.
• Uses CAD to draw necessary prints for projects.
• Responsible for data entry into electronic PM system.
• Performs minor routine/basic painting, plumbing, electrical and related activities. Examples include changing light bulbs, replacing outlets, patch sheet rock, etc.
• Provides assistance with office moves. Assist with build outs of offices, manufacturing areas, warehouse spaces.
• Performs preventative maintenance of manufacturing equipment such as oiling and greasing.
• May need to clean snow and debris off sidewalks.
• Purchase supplies at local hardware store.
• Participates and/or assists with cross training activities, training of new hires and temporary staff. Follows set training program for position and ensures training requirements are up to date using training tracking software.
• Demonstrates safe work habits, maintain clean and safe work area.
• Works with a positive attitude and acts within the principles of the HMC Core Values. Adheres to the Heraeus Code of Conduct Policy as relates to position.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES: To perform this successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, ability and other competency needed. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE: High School Diploma, 2 year degree or related vocational educational a plus. 1-3 years HMC set- up Operator exp. or 3-5 years equivalent industry exp. Demonstrate understanding of manufacturing processes and principles, design intent, customer end use, and impact of critical dimensions on product performance. Basic inspection tools, machining skills, SPC, intermediate computer aptitude; solid mechanical ability. AutoCAD knowledge plus.