GeneMatters was founded to ensure that everyone has access to expert genetic counseling when they need it. Our mission is to increase access to genetic counseling services and provide the most cost-effective, efficient and comprehensive genetic counseling experience. With the exponential growth in the genetic testing market, more patients are in need of genetic counseling. There is a current shortage of genetic counselors to match this growth, and our telehealth model answers this need.
We partner with hospitals, clinics, academic centers and genetic labs that need to expand access to genetic counseling services. We combine genetic counseling with our telehealth platform to seamlessly integrate with our partners. Our board-certified and licensed genetic counselors help people understand their genetic family history, decide if genetic testing is right for them, choose the right test, and understand their results to make informed decisions.
This individual will be responsible for leading our software development team of 4-5 members, split between the Minneapolis and Budapest offices. As GeneMatters continues to scale business operations, we’re looking for an experienced technical leader to help extend our telehealth platform to meet increased demand. The ideal candidate will be a software developer with a track record of managing and leading successful teams, especially in a startup environment. They will work closely with clinical, marketing, and sales to continue to evolve our proprietary platform.
Serve as technical leader for the software development team
Develop, update, and maintain the overall architecture strategy for software and infrastructure for full stack web applications
Provide technical leadership and hands-on development in leveraging open source technologies to build, deploy, and maintain Cloud-based web/backend systems
Accountable for on-time delivery and operational support for deployed software applications
Coordinate with partner’s tech counterparts to deliver fully integrated solutions for customers
Implement appropriate testing at all levels of the software stack
- B.S. in computer science or related discipline
- 5 years of demonstrated solution architecture experience
- 10 years of experience developing full-stack software applications
- 3 years using and managing Cloud-based data software architecture (AWS)
- REST based web services development
- Experience using frontend JS and CSS frameworks (React, Less)
- Experience using backend web frameworks (Node)
- Extremely comfortable with Linux, Docker
- Automated deployment tools (Ansible, AWS Cloudformation)
- Digital health, healthcare experience or regulated software environment (HIPAA)
- DevOps interest or competency
- Agile software development experience
- Remote team management experience
Please send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org