Reports To: Director of Electrical Engineering
Leo A Daly is looking for qualified individuals that want to be part of a high energy and fast paced environment working with creative and innovative multi-disciplined teams. Successful candidates will collaborate on project teams on a wide variety of building types located throughout the United States and in foreign countries. This person will experience the entire range of project phases including marketing and proposals, project planning, engineering and design, construction, and project close-out. The successful candidate will have exceptional skills in planning, organization, system engineering/design, and communication.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Oversee and prepare drawing preparation and system design including electrical calculations, equipment analysis and selection, and layout.
• Review drawings supplied by vendors, clients, engineers, and architects; research document findings and provide recommendations for necessary changes.
• Participate in team coordination meetings and reviews with Project Design Team and various governing agencies at the city, state and federal levels to ensure code compliance.
• Lead in the design and detail of electrical systems; write/edit electrical specifications and research design options to make educated decisions on appropriate device, equipment, and system selections.
• Participate in energy modeling studies and collaborate with project team in all aspects of sustainability and energy use reduction.
• Prepare addendums, requests for information, change proposal requests and change orders; incorporate agreed upon changes into project documents.
• Conduct QA/QC on work of other Electrical Engineer, EIT’s and Technicians.
• Assist with other duties assigned by Senior Engineers and/or Project Managers.
Required Skills and Competencies:
• Ability to communicate effectively and tactfully with department personnel, internal office staff, and clientele; must possess strong oral and written communication skills.
• Strong knowledge of applicable building and design codes at the local, state, and federal levels.
• Thorough working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications; Word, Excel, Outlook.
• Experienced in use of AutoCAD and Revit.
• Familiarity with Life Safety Codes, Local and National Electrical Codes, and Building Codes on the Local, State and National Level.
• Proficiency in engineering analysis and calculations; lighting, voltage drop, branch circuit and feeder sizing.
• Effective organizational and time management skills; ability to become involved in a number of projects and remain up-to-date throughout various developmental stages.
Education and License Requirements:
• Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university in the field of Electrical Engineering.
• 4 - 8 years of experience in the field of electrical systems engineering and design while working under the supervision of Project Engineers and Designers within the A&E industry.
• Licensure as Professional Engineer or ability to achieve licensure within 12 months of employment.