About the position:
Zepto Life Technology is devoted to improving people’s quality of life through the development of portable instruments and applications that benefit healthcare providers, patients, and their families by quickly diagnosing diseases. Using our leading-edge sensor technology and conventional assay knowledge, we provide advanced solutions to difficult issues facing the world today.
Zepto Life Technology is currently looking for a Mechanical Engineer Intern – Assembly & Testing to join our growing team.
Under the direct supervision of the Senior Mechanical Engineer, this position is responsible for the engineering portion of the consumable, including the design, solid modeling, materials selection, prototype molding, assembly, and testing. Collaboration with the broader R&D team, consisting of assay development scientists and instrument hardware/software engineers, is essential to delivering new products from concept to launch.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- 3D modeling using Solid Works or AutoCAD
- Convert user requirements into engineering specifications
- Understands assembly methods and customizes part design for simple, rapid assembly
- Designing for manufacturability.
- Interfaces with cross-functional project team to ensure design requirements are met and product meets quality standards.
- Investigates and evaluates existing technology for application in a product.
- Develops new concepts from initial design to market release.
- Conducts feasibility studies of the design to determine ability to function as intended.
- Designs experiments, evaluates data, and makes recommendations based on data.
- Maintains detailed documentation throughout all phases of research and development and assist in transfer to manufacturing.
- Coordinates activities with outside suppliers and consultants to ensure the delivery of supplies or services needed to meet scheduled timelines.
- Identifies and communicates with key contacts outside own area of expertise.
- Must be able to take responsibility for regulatory approval (FDA 510k, CE mark, etc.) of the product.
- Perform other duties & projects as assigned.
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent.
- At least two – five years of previous related experience.
- Experience in plastic part design and molding.
- Experience with material selection and machining tolerance, 3D printing capabilities.
- Ability to organize and structure bills of material and assembly drawings.
- Basic understanding of pneumatic logic and electrical controls (PWM, stepper/servo motors, temperature).
- Experience with manufacturing techniques and equipment for consumables assembly.
- Demonstrated problem-solving and troubleshooting skills.
Preferred Education and Experience:
- Experience in a fast-paced environment.