About the company
Zepto Life Technology is a growing start-up
diagnostics company that uses magnetic technology for point-of-care molecule detection. We are a small company offers a team-oriented environment, fun and youthful culture, and growth potential. You will be part of a multidisciplinary team where we are pushing
the boundaries of detection in many fields from healthcare, food safety to water quality testing.
About the position:
The DNA department at Zepto Life Technology
is developing handheld medical devices and disposable lab-on-a-chip cartridge for early cancer diagnostics and influenza diagnostics based on DNA/RNA biomarkers. The department is seeking an energetic and motivated candidate to join the team to contribute
in the molecular biology assay development on Zepto’s platform. The successful candidate will play a key role in the department and work closely with Zepto’s bioengineers, mechanical engineers and electrical engineers to validate and develop new products.
• Work with fast-paced and innovation group to develop sensing and assay platforms.
• Work with a multidisciplinary team to optimize the handheld device and disposable cartridges
• Develop and validate PCR-based assays in microfluidic devices
• Design primers and probes, and optimize PCR condition to increase sensitivity and specificity
• Develop DNA/RNA extraction protocol
• Research and decide genes of interests
• Ability to work independently and maintain timely documentation of work
• Evaluate data, prepare technical reports, and make scientific presentations
Qualifications and Skills
• BS+ 8 years’ or MS+/Ph.D+ 4 years’ experience in molecular biology, genetics, biochemistry or related field.
• Experience in molecular diagnostics, such as primer design, optimization and troubleshooting in multiplex qPCR, RT-PCR and nucleic acid hybridization
• Strong understanding in genetics and nucleic acid biomarkers
• Great communication skills
• Experience with microfluidic devices is a plus
• Experience with circulating-tumor DNA (ctDNA) or rare DNA detection is a plus
• Experience with clinical samples, i.e. blood samples, swab samples, urine or saliva etc is a plus