Zipnosis is a growth stage technology company offering a comprehensive, market leading, SaaS-based platform to healthcare systems enabling cost-effective and convenient access to virtual care. We are visionary partners supporting our customers with rapid achievement of clinical efficiency, intuitive access and transformative value. We look for team members who are bold, resilient, accountable, vulnerable and enthusiastic. The company office is located in the T3 building in the North Loop district of Minneapolis, MN.
We are seeking an experienced Senior Staff Accountant to join our team. As a newly created position, the Senior Staff Accountant will have broad responsibilities spanning accounting, payroll and benefits administration related activities for the company. The successful candidate will be a self starter, fully capable of managing the general ledger and eager to take on expanded or new responsibilities as the company grows.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Revenue Recognition and Accounts Receivable
- Lead and administer customer invoicing and collections activities.
- Analyze contracts and sales agreements to ensure proper revenue recognition compliance in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) or other accounting standards (e.g. ASC 606, etc.).
- Accounts Payable
- Process routine transactions in a timely manner, including maintaining approvals and accounting documentation.
- Research vendor statements, answer all vendor inquiries/phone calls and resolve discrepancies.
- Assist with monthly, quarterly, and/or annual closing procedures, including preparing journal entries and reconciliations.
- Compile and analyze financial information to document business transactions and record general ledger entries.
- Assess, establish, maintain, and coordinate the implementation of accounting and internal control procedures.
- Analyze and review results for performance versus plan or forecast.
- Assist with preparation of forecasts and annual operating plans.
- Prepare documentation and lead annual financial audit.
- Administer, process and report all payroll activities, ensuring compliance with all applicable regulations.
- Record payroll entries into the general ledger, research exception items, and take corrective action.
- Reconcile all tax, benefit and unemployment liability accounts to the general ledger and investigate variances.
- Assist payroll service with preparation of quarterly payroll tax reporting and research and resolve payroll/tax reporting issues.
- Implement process improvements and new system features.
- Train employees on payroll system procedures and features.
- Manage and lead annual benefit renewal activities and contracting.
- Perform benefit enrollment administration duties and configuration with payroll system as needed.
- Assist Office Manager and hiring managers with applicant tracking, onboarding and offboarding procedures.
The ideal candidate will have prior experience with and/or have demonstrated all of the following:
- Software as a Service (SaaS) business models
- Healthcare IT or Healthcare Services experience
- Proficiency with GAAP (public accounting experience and CPA preferred)
- Driving process improvements to streamline systems and accounting operations
- Aptitude and interest in accounting systems and controls
- Comfortable with a fast-paced environment, ambiguity and change
- Roll-up the sleeves mindset
- BA/BS degree in Accounting or Finance
- At least three (3) years relevant professional experience
- Proficient with Microsoft Office and Google Suite
- Exceptional organizational, analytical and communication skills